We hope you will find an open door and a warm wlecome when you visit us.
Below are some frequently asked questions to help you get more familiar with us. Please let us know if you have a question that did not make it into the list!
What times are your worship services?
- First Church Natick offers one service on Sunday. Services are at 10:30 AM from September to June and 9:30 AM in the summer.
- Services usually last one hour.
- After each worship service, we invite you downstairs for refreshments and conversation.
- We also have many special services scheduled through out the year. These are described on our Holiday and Special Services page.
What should I wear to worship?
- Dress however you feel comfortable. You will find participants dressed in their Sunday best, or dressed in jeans. Either way, we believe that God cares more about your presence than what you are wear.
Is the church handicapped accessible?
- Our church is handicapped accessible by the entrance off the Route 135 parking lot. There are four accessible parking spots reserved near the entry by the preschool play yard.
- FCC has an elevator that will take you from the first floor parking lot door to all other floors including the sanctuary.
- To the right of the pulpit behind the second row of pews is an area which easily accomodates wheelchairs and strollers. Wheelchairs can also be accommodated at the ends of the front pews. Please ask an usher or greeter for help.
- Hearing assistance devices and large print worship bulletins are available each Sunday.
How do I get there? Where do I park?
- First Church Natick is located on the corner of Route 27 and Route 135 in downtown Natick. The church parking lot entry is accessed from Washington Street off of Route 135. Directions and map.
- During church services, any spot in the parking lot is available.
- There is metered on-street parking all around the church and around the Natick Common. On Sunday mornings, there is no charge. At other times, parking is 25 cents per hour until 6pm.
- If you enter the church from route 135 through the big front doors, the sanctuary is up the stairs to your left. If you enter from the parking lot, there is an elevator available. The button "LS" will bring you to the floor directly opposite the sanctuary door.
What happens during church?
- As you enter the church, you will receive a bulletin to guide you through the service. A sample bulletin is available here.
- Our services are a wonderful mix of informality and reverence. There are readings, preaching, prayer, and music. At times, you will be invited to stand, sing, pray, greet your neighbor, be in silence, or read responsively.
- Communion is offered the first Sunday of each month and every Sunday during Lent. Ours is always an open table. Everyone regardless of age or stage or background or tradition is welcome to receive communion. We believe that children grow in their understanding of the sacrament by experiencing it. Most of the time, communion is served in the pews. At other times people come forward, receive bread and dip it into the grape juice or wine. Gluten free bread is available every time we celebrate communion.
- At all of our services we receive an offering and encourage everyone to live life generously. If you are unable to give financially, please consider how you can share an offering of time or talent. On Communion Sundays there are envelopes available in the pews if you wish to donate to our Communion Fund. The Communion Fund helps local individuals or families in need of emergency assistance.
- Worship services and events are often photographed and videotaped. If you do not wish to be included in these recordings, please notify an usher for assistance.
Do you offer childcare or Sunday School?
- Childcare is available during our morning service. A paid caregiver and parent volunteers are ready to receive infants and toddlers in the child care room on Level 2 before worship. A live video feed from the sanctuary is available if you feel more comfortable staying with your child, but still want to be a part of the service.
- Preschoolers through students in Grade 6 join their families in the sanctuary for the beginning of worship and often come forward for a special children's time. During the second hymn, children are invited to leave for Community Time on the ground level before going to their classrooms. Parents are welcome to accompany their children and return to worship once they are settled. For details on Christian formation offerings for children, visit our children's programming page. FCC follows a Safe Church policy.
- Youth in Grades 7 to 10 gather twice a month on Sunday evenings to share what's going on in their lives, grow in their faith, worship together...and have fun! In addition to this gathering, Confimation and Our Whole Lives sexuality program are offered in alternate years. Youth regularly participate in worship. They also host a monthly coffee hour following worship! For more details on youth programs, visit our youth programming page.
Where are the restrooms and water fountains located?
- Restrooms for women and men and water fountains can be found on the ground floor. The ground floor bathrooms are equipped with baby changing facilities.
- A gender-neutral bathroom is on Level 2. All restrooms are handicapped accessible.
Do you offer adult education opportunities?
- Adult education opportunities are offered at various times during the week. Also each season of the church calendar we offer a series of opportunities for community and growth. Click here for more information about adult and intergenerational opportunities.
What about membership
- Membership is important if you wish to help make the decisions that shape our life together. Membership is also required for church officers and participation in our leadership council.
- Our pastors welcome the chance to meet with prospective new members and learn more about what they are seeking in a new church home. We offer an informal opportunity called "Conversations" and a relaxing Newcomer's Brunch to offer newcomers and those contemplating membership a broader perspective of the church.
How can I get more information?
- If you would like more information before or after you visit us, please call or email the office. We would also be glad to add you to our newsletter list and weekly email blast. By Phone: 508-653-0971; By email: admin@FirstChurchNatick.org.
- If you choose to join us for worship, you will find a visitor card in the pew. Place it in the offering plate and we will contact you. Please make yourself known to an usher or one of the ministers as well so that we can extend a more personal welcome!
- Join us for coffee hour in the vestry after church and talk to anyone there about FCC. They'd be happy to share their experience, answer questions, or point you in the right direction.